Baby Rory 2011

 BabyFruit Ticker

HAYDEN2010

Get $10 off
your first order of diapers
use code HAYDEN2010$49 min. total order
buy diapers
shop diapers.comdiapers.com  baby store
plus shop for all your baby needs.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's been a while...

Sorry...I kind of fell off the blogging bandwagon, but I'm back again and ready to write!! It's been a long week....lots of good news! And some bad...I'll start with the bad. (Always good to end on a good note!)
Uncle Harold passed away this week. (This is actually a great-uncle; my grandfather's brother) Most people cannot say that they know their great uncles all that well, but we did!! He was my next door neighbor for 22 years. We used to go visit...and by visit, I mean squish potato bugs....ALL THE TIME!!! I used to hate doing that. They were disgusting and it was just an unpleasant experience all around. Okay, so other than potato bugs, it was fun to be there.
I went over with my mother to feed the dogs and get the mail last saturday because aunt Hazel was at the hospital. They have this dog named Duke (which has been the ever-used name that Uncle Harold had for his dog....I think this must be the 3rd Duke by now) Anyway, I was sitting in the car waiting for mom, and a memory had occurred to me: Mom always had a fit whenever we went to Uncle Harold's house because without fail, the old Duke would come over....sniff the car....and promptly pee on the tire!! It just made me chuckle to think of this scenario. So I looked out at this dog (the new Duke) and he came over to check me out, then to check out the car...and peed on the tire!!! It was so great...I had to tell mom! (It's kinda fun to see her get steamed about that!)
So, we went to see Uncle Harold that saturday afternoon. I'm so glad that I knew him! He was an amazing person.
After that visit, mom and I made the trek over to Jersey Shore to see my cousins Bryan and Christine and their new family addition: Nathaniel John!! He is the most ADORABLE baby!!! You disagree?? See for yourself!


Here he is!! Baby Nate!

Christine and Nate


Hello, I am just talk talk talkin away


The very cute family!

(aka, Bry, Christy, & Nate)

And here we have the 4 generation pic

Pop-pop, Uncle Dan, Bryan and Nate

See? I told you he was cute cute cute!!!

We also have had a recent addition to my dad's side of the family...Callan James....to Gene and Renee. We look forward to meeting him soon!

AND EVEN MORE NEWS....Shamus and Karen are on their way to having a family...of course, I had to hear it through the family grapevine....nice guys....

So, I have 5 weeks of school left....hopefully, I will get a few more of these in again before the end of the school year....I know, I know....I have fallen off the face of the earth....I'm sorry! Although since I've been in nursing school, my conversation is kind of limited....to ostomies, blood, guts and gore....not exactly pleasant dinner conversation. (I will try to work on that)

1 comment:

kater's mom said...

yeah! rosies back!!! =D sorry we didnt connect at church yesterday. i didnt want to interupt you and your mom!! the weather is getting nicer......roller blading weather=D