Weather.com claimed that it "feels like 54"....so Mandy and I just went out to test it. Eh....maybe...I'm just glad its above freezing!
So....I joined myspace and facebook a while ago because certain people who were going overseas twisted my arm...*coughjennycoughjason* :)
....anyway, it occurred to me last week, when this girl that I don't know (but apparently knows my cousins) requested to be my friend, that myspace and facebook are really bad for the self-esteem. People are always requesting for you to join a group/cause/fan clubs..."Stop Hillary Clinton", "Save the trees"...and yes, my favorite "Everyone Needs a Little Tegan in their Life"!
Yes, this may help you to feel that you have a sense of belonging...and yet not so much. It is a tangible way to define your involvement...what do you deem worthy to support...to be part of?
I am the proud member of the group entitled "When I was your age, Pluto was a planet".
I have also noticed that it is an objective way to define your friendships. Who is on your buddy list? Or rather who isn't? Who's in your Top 8 Friends? This may lead to playing the game of "Let's see how many people I can have on my buddy list!" (Even if I don't know them--this had to be what the girl that added me was all about because I've never met the girl) Why would you ever do that? Add people you don't know....and will most likely never talk to? Then I remembered the day I joined facebook....who hasn't felt slightly neurotic when you first became a facebook/myspace member and the screen announced....
....you have "1" friend (yeah, "Tom"....the guy who created myspace)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment