Wow...life, as I know it is CRAZY!!! I just finished a week of night shift....and I am whooped! Most nights (or rather...days) I did not get much sleep...maybe 5 or 6 hours before getting up and running around again.
Why, you ask? Good question. Thursday, we got the call that our new car was in!!! WOO HOO!!! I jumped right out of bed, got dressed and flew over to Troy...to sign papers and leave. :( We had to process tons of paperwork to get a loan (in this market...are we crazy?!?)
BLAH! So I went back in for nightshift thursday only to come home and sleep for another 5-6 hrs (and not very good, may I add--due to wicked crazy amounts of excitement!) We then drove back to Troy Friday to sign a stack of papers. Then Bill (the salesman, whom we know well....now....after a ridiculous number of calls to find a car that we wanted....I've never owned a car with only 2....count them 2 miles on it!!) handed me the key.
The really funny part of this whole story is that people, namely myself, are mesmerized by buttons, gadgets, etc. And what is the first thing that I played with? Onstar! HAHA! (and yes! The woman sounds just like the commercial!) The voice came over the sound system "Onstar emergency, how may I help you?" I had to sheepishly reply " Uh, sorry...I pushed the wrong button." But what I was really itching to say was "I GOT A NEW CAR!!!" hehe!
Moral of the story....don't push the button with the red circle with the white cross on it unless you need it! However, DO push the button with the phone....because it is fun to have a really cool hands-free car phone! Take a look!

2009 Pontiac G5
(...sticks out like a sore thumb with our "white fleet" wouldn't you say?)
We spent a good bit of this Apple & Cheese Festival weekend taking car rides, reading owner's manuals, and learning how to run everything. It's sooo much fun! I especially like calling people with the hands-free phone. It is a Verizon phone built right into the car. All we have to do is add the phone to our already existing verizon account!
Okay...I am way too excited about this...wanna go for a ride? :)



1 comment:
how fun!!!! nice car and yes i want a ride!
Post a Comment